Old Mill Elementary Chosen as International Model PLC School
OME was chosen to be an International Model PLC School by one of the leading K-12 educational professional development companies in the world, Solution Tree. We are only 1 of 175 schools in the country who have been given this honor. In order to be considered for this award, OME had to provide evidence of the following:
- Demonstrate a commitment to PLC concepts.
- Implement those concepts for at least three years.
- Present clear evidence of improved student learning.
- Explain the culture, practices, and structures of the school or district, and submit it for consideration to the PLC Review Committee using our online submission process.
- Update school or district information on the site each year to show your data continues to meet the criteria of the PLC at Work process.
- Demonstrate a shared understanding and commitment to the PLC at Work process.
- Demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement in our school.
- Describe the process that our school uses to create and implement a guaranteed and viable curriculum.
- Describe the strategies our school uses to monitor student learning on a timely basis.
- Share how we are creating and implementing systems of intervention and extension to provide students with additional time and support for learning.
- Explain how our high-performing, collaborative teams focus their efforts on improved student learning.
Our staff, students and community are dedicated to helping all children achieve at high levels and the PLC process has been a invaluable asset to our student's education. Thank you Solution Tree for considering us, we are extremely humbled and honored!