What is WPN?
Wasatch Parent Network (WPN) is the new entity replacing the national organization. As a district, Wasatch opted to dissolve the national organization and establish our own local organization. The main difference is that 100% of all monies donated are put back in our schools. While we didn’t feel the support of a national group, WPN plans to continue programs such as Red Ribbon (a national drug awareness organization) and establish a Wasatch schools art competition. Our motto is “parents serving teachers and students.”
RMMS WPN and Cool 2 Care
Cool 2 Care is more than just a vibe at RMMS, it’s a lifestyle that we encourage the kids to strive for. It includes being a good student and opposing bullying. Our goal is also to open the students’ minds and hearts to the outside world and the possibilities of life. Here are some of the activities the program provides:
- Motivational speakers - Cool 2 Care hosts speakers to provide insight and education. Recently, we were visited by Ryan Stream who shared a message of resilience and never giving up.
- Daily Prize Drawings - through paid prizes and donations from our local businesses, we have filled the RMMS display cabinets with prizes such as books, water bottles, gift cards and more!
- College Field Trips - we show our RMMS kids the possibilities that exist after high school which leads to more and more kids going to college. Each year we take 8th graders to BYU, SLCC, MATC and more to show them the career possibilities and education available in their future. Many kids don’t know what a trade school can provide for their future career and incomes, or how a college degree can open up many possibilities.
- Special Activities - each year the Cool 2 Care program strives to provide additional events, field trips and activities to open the minds of our RMMS students. They participate in exciting events and develop an understanding for life outside of their current experience. Recently, students have been taken on a cross country ski trip to Wasatch Mountain State Park, attended a Utah Jazz basketball game, and more. In addition to being fun trips for the kids, it also provides them exposure to situations and events that they may not otherwise have experienced.
Cool 2 Care - why should *you* care?
As this program has evolved and grown, we have seen a closer community at RMMS and a decline in the need to discipline our students. The children at RMMS are being given opportunities to enlighten their lives, and through this positive reinforcement RMMS has become a safer and more fun place to be.
We would love your financial support to help maintain the Cool 2 Care program. We want to include as many RMMS kids in these events as possible. As a parent, a financial donation to the program is much appreciated. If you are a local business and can donate gift cards or want to host an event, please contact us directly!
RMMS WPN provides these programs though the in-kind and financial donations provided by our community. Please consider giving back to our school. 100% of your donation is tax deductible and 100% of your donation goes directly to RMMS. You can also specify the program which your donation would support.
- A donation of $5 will help provide daily drawing prizes for our Cool2Care gift cabinet
- A donation of $10 will help provide guest motivational speaks for all-school assemblies
- A donation of $20 will cover expenses for a field trip
- A donation of $50 or more will cover the cost of 5 kids to participate in a college tour
To donate click HERE
RMMS WPN VOLUNTEER GROUPME
If you are interested in volunteering and don’t want to miss out on opportunities click GroupMe to join now!