Limited English Proficient Categories:
1 - Entering Non-English Proficient 2 - Beginning Non-English Proficient 3 - Developing Slightly Limited English Proficient 4 - Expanding Advanced 5- Bridging Student is FLUENT and is exited from direct ELL services EXITED Exited from all ELL Services. On MONITOR Status for 2 years N No longer in ELL program - No longer LEP*These are based on the WIDA® (2007) Performance Definitions____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________English Language Learner LINKS:ESL OrganizationsESOL Organizations
- America Reads
- Center for Applied Linguistics
- Center for Research on Education, Diversity and Excellence (CREDE)
- Intercultural Development Research Association (IDRA)
- National Association for Bilingual Education
- National Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Aquisition
- Office of Civil Rights, US Department of Education (OCR)
- PTA en Español
- Public Education Network (PEN)
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Word-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) Proficiency Standards -- http://www.wida.us/
- USOE ELL Services - http://www.schools.utah.gov/fsp/ELL-Services.aspx
- USOE – Assessment Participation and Accommodation Policy: http://www.schools.utah.gov/sars/DOCS/assessment/Special_Needs_Accommodations_Policy-pdf.aspx
Language Skill Practice
- ESL Quiz Center
- Dave Sperling's web site with quizzes from other EFL and ESL instructors for Geography, Grammar, History, Idioms, Slang, & Words, People, Reading Comprehension, Science, World Culture, and Writing.
- Internet-TSEL-Journal (ITESL-J) Quizzes
- Interactive quizzes for Grammar, Places, Vocabulary, Idioms, Homonyms, Scrambled Words, and more.
- Karin's ESL Partyland Quiz Center
- Quizzes for Grammar, Idioms, Slang & Phrasal Verbs, Reading, TOEFL, Trivia, Useful Expressions and Vocabulary.
- Interesting Things for ESL Students
- Activities and quizzes for students.
- Little Explorers Picture Dictionary
- A dictionary for primary students. Includes illustrations as well as example sentences and additional links.
- Dictionary: Merriam-Webster
- Another resource from a dictionary company with Word of the Day, Word Games, and Word for the Wise. Start with Word Central!!
- Dictionary: Your Dictionary, A Global Language Resource
- A multilingual resource with Dictionaries, Grammars, Language Identifiers, a Gameroom, and a section on Endangered Languages.
- Educación Hispana para Primaria y Secundaria
- Recursos para aprender español mediante diferentes temáticas. Información educativa para alumnos de primaria y secundaria.
- El Sabio
- This is a site designed to get kids around the world to talk to each other. Students can access the site in a variety of languages. The site frequently offers special projects and features.
- Yahooligans Reference Page
- Contains a collection of dictionaries and other reference sources for ESOL students.
- CultureGrams series is one of the most trusted and widely used cultural reference and curriculum products in the education, government, and non-profit arenas.
Last Modified on June 6, 2012