WLA is Excited to Welcome Your Students
Wasatch Learning Academy is dedicated to helping your student complete their online educational goals, and is open to all families who wish to participate in student learning. We have found that all students can flourish with the right support, and have identified the following characteristics as those which describe a successful Learning Academy student:
- Highly involved parents or guardians who are comfortable using computer technology
- A History of good attendance and academic success in a prior setting
- Discipline and self-motivation
- An enjoyment of reading
- The desire to seek solutions to problems
- Involvement in school and community activities
Students at Wasatch Learning Academy are not required to fit into a rigid structure. Instead, they are given flexibility, and accessibility to high-quality education. There are some basic procedures that all families at Wasatch Virtual Learning Academy must follow. For a child to successfully participate in our program, a parent must:
- Be available to the student while he/she is working on school assignments.
- Keep close contact with your mentor.
- Monitor your child’s daily attendance and completion of work.
- Have your student maintain appropriate pacing of instruction.
- Notify the Academy of and changes to personal information, including phone numbers and changes in address.
- Students must participate in state testing, and are required to travel to state-mandated testing sites.