Debate 1 and 2 – Bulleted List of things to know about this awesome Debate Class.
- All Students will compete in an in class Big Questions Debate 1st term
- All Students will compete in Big Questions Debate – Kearns, Oct. 2
- All Students will compete in 2 of the 3 (LD, PF, PD) debate event in class per term, 1st semester
- All Students will compete in original oratory and impromptu in class per term, 1st semester
- All Students will compete in 3 Spar debates per term, 1st semester
- All students compete in one national and foreign extemp speech in class 2nd term, 1st semester
- Students will be required to complete an exit ticket defending what they have accomplished during the ample of amount of work time they will be given to prepare their speech and debate events
- Students will participate in daily speech and debate practice techniques
- Students grade will be made up from:
Practice Work: exit tickets, and techniques – 30%
Assessment: Speech(es) and Debates – 70%
- Students will stay up to date on current events – weekly quizzes covering events that have been discussed in class will be given
- Students will be required to provide at least one judge over the course of the semester. More than one judge is the only way to earn extra credit. Students can “borrow” judges from extra judges.
- Students will be responsible for all drop fees of speech and debate events
Students will be required to compete in 2 speech events and 2 debate events – state events per 2nd term.
2nd term – 2 of 4 required for state events
October 28 Hunter Haunting
11/3 and 11/4 Juan Diego
11/17 and 11/18 Skyhawk Smackdown
1/13 Patriot PrideHello,Class Information can be found at https://wasatch.instructure.com/login/ldap
This is where assignments and information is posted.
Thank you and have a great day!