Hello! My name is Marlee Davis and I am glad you are here!
A few things about me:
- I have 2 kiddos, an 11 year old girl (Brielle) and an 8 year old boy (Carter)
- I have been married for about 13 years to my husband, Ray (fun fact, he teaches Biology here too! If you see him, say hi!)
- I love long-distance road cycling and it is a long-time goal to complete a century ride (100 miles).
- I graduated from UVU in 2018 with a Bachelor's of Science in Art & Design and a minor in Art History.
- I have an unhealthy addiction to diet Dr. Pepper
- My dream car is a fully loaded, jacked-up, big wheeled, BLACK jeep. --> I am finally making this happen this year! Chase after your dreams ya'll!
- I LOVE watercolor painting and printmaking the absolute most, but if I had all the time and money in the world, I would love to just play around and experiment with ceramics/pottery!
- When I paint, I like to paint bright, sugary junk food.
- My favorite art movements are impressionism and baroque art (probably 2 of the MOST polar opposite movements).
- My all-time favorite artist is actually a local - Kent Christensen. Look him up and you will see why (hint: he paints food)
Anyway, that is just a snippet. This year is going to be so great and I am excited to see all the amazing works of art that will come out of every amazing student. Even if you feel like you "aren't artistic" or you "can't draw", you still belong! Art is more about the process than the end project and if you are trying your best and enjoying yourself, who cares what the end result looks like! You got this!