3rd Grade GATE
Hey students and Parents! This week in 3rd Grade we are still working on our Island Survival PowerPoint. This will be the last week to work on it.
*I have videos for each day on TEAMS that are located in our Old Mill GATE team. I explain their must do's for the day!
Hey Kids! I miss you all. Our GATE meeting is on Thursday at 1:30. Let me know if that doesn’t work. I am also available to meet most days if you need extra help on ANYTHING! Or you just want to chat!
Green words are hyperlinks, click on them
ISLAND SURVIVAL POWERPOINT
- Answer the questions on your PowerPoint
Day 2 and 3:
Making a Map of your island
- CREATE A MAP OF YOUR ISLAND.
- Now it is time to build a map of your island. You’ve identified landforms, created a home, and trekked all across the island.
(Check list is also located in the student’s PowerPoints.)
DAY 4: JOURNAL ENTRY AND TREE HOUSE
- So you’ve decided to build a treehouse. Great decision-but now you have to plan for it.
- On paper or on an app, sketch out what your dream set up would be.
Apps to use:
- Sketches school
- Adobe Draw
- Show Me
Or you can build it out of stuff.
- Label the key features
- Be creative and use your imagination!
KING OF KHAOOT
-Create content for Real Time with Miller Time: Ideas but not limited to:
-Funny pet videos
-“Caught YOU being Kind” Find people being kind to one another! Try and catch them on video or write it in!
-Comics! Student created comics that I can show on “air”
-Art work submissions
-How to draw something
-How to do something