Welcome to Week 5!
Hey there preschoolers! Are you ready for some fun with worms? Hopefully the days will warm up and you will be able to spend some time in the dirt this week!
Parents, are you in the mood to get your hands a little messy? Give your child a shovel and let them go find worms in your backyard. If you are feeling extra brave, then head on over to One Stop and pick up a carton of worms for your kids to play with this week. Too slimy? Then turn on this week’s lesson plan and they can watch instead!
- Green words are hyperlinks, click on them
- Read Aloud: Worms are Wonderful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-zc_1vjLnI
- Lessons: https://youtu.be/ceUniJWVOQk
- Snack Ideas: Dirt cups with gummy worms, of course!
- Read Aloud:Wonderful Worms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu7vSoxQZr8
- Lesson https://youtu.be/-1EP9H-5t4U
- Snack Ideas: Spaghetti Noodles. Play with your food and make the letter W.
- Read Aloud: Plant the Tiny Seed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8dAuYD3UxA
- Lessons: https://youtu.be/lqtYtZgkgqs
- Snack Ideas: Strawberries or blueberries. Play “Berry Monster”
- Read Aloud: Up, Down and Around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY4ZNV3BQCw
- Lessons: https://youtu.be/8P5kVdWyQvg
- Snack Ideas: Sugar snap peas with ranch. Look at the peas (seeds) inside.
Use crayons, paint or dirt to paint a picture of where a worm lives.
Write the letter W in shaving cream.
Use playdough to create the letters H, Q and W.
Parents, these can be played every day!
Herman the Worm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-rg7EIt1x4
Green Grass Grows All Around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTbswd1Q3-o