What is the Ride for the Brand Program?
Midway Elementary's Ride for the Brand Program is a school wide PBIS Program.
What is PBIS?
- PBIS programs are school-wide systems of support that include proactive strategies for defining, teaching, and supporting appropriate student behaviors to create a positive school environment.
- PBIS programs establish a school-wide focus on specific behaviors that are expected throughout the school, at all times, and in all settings.
How does Ride for the Brand work?
- At the beginnig of each school year, Midway Students are introduced to the concept of "Riding for the Brand." They learn the importance of working as a group to achieve challenging goals. A former student, and still a Wrangler, visits the school and talks about the importance of being a Wrangler and working together.
- Students are taught our school rules, Be Safe, Be Kind, and Be Responsible.
- All students are then taught school-wide procedures in the locations the behaviors are expected. Classes rotate around the school and learn about how and why we expect them to behave in the halls, cafeteria, playground, etc. They do this in the exact locations for the expected behaviors and are shown the posted expectations that can be seen in each of these areas.
- All students receive positive reinforcements when they are "noticed" meeting school wide expectations. Individual students receive Cowboy Cash and classes receive Brands.
- Brands are papers that have the MW or the Midway Brand on them. Every six brands that a class earns, gives them a new status. The earned statuses are as follows.
- Head Wrangler
- Classes that reach Head Wrangler status are treated to a special end of year assembly.
- All students are given opportunities to participate in weekly Cowboy Cash Drawings throughout the school year.
- At the end of the year assembly, a school wide Cowboy Cash drawing is held to celebrate the hard work that has occurred during the school year. Students have an opportunity to see all of the Cowboy Cash that has been earned throughout the year.