Chatting Up Socrates - Prezi Presentation
Socratic Seminar In-class Expectations1. Discussion vs. debate
2. Address comments to all
3. Participate vs. dominate ("3 then Me")
4. Move the conversation forward
5. Relate to the textSocratic Seminar Self-Evaluation
Rate your participation 1(rarely) 2 (sometimes) or 3 (always).
- Did I offer up my own views and answer questions?
- Did I cooperate and avoid debating with others?
- Did I address my comments to everyone – not just one student?
- Did I cite reasons and evidence for each of my comments?
- Did I listen to others respectfully?
Give yourself a total score out of 15 points
What are your last thoughts on the topic?
What are your thoughts about Socratic Seminars?
ONLINE DISCUSSION RESOURCES
Odyssey Online Discussion Prompt (Example)Choose one event, quote, or section of The Odyssey or any topic from class this week and discuss it in a deeper and more complex way than we did in class. You can discuss almost anything here. Please just make sure that you are posing new questions, developing new insights, or discussing to deeper levels than we did in class.