Student success is the goal of every staff member at RMMS. We believe with our new structure and dedication to high-quality, research-based best practices, every student will learn to their full potential. We are prepared to offer time and support through the RTI Model; a three-tiered approach to instruction /intervention:
- Tier 1- Classroom teachers will use a variety of strategies within their classroom to address individual instructional needs. (Regular Classroom)
- Tier 2: Based on assessment data, students who are unsuccessful in Tier 1 will be provided additional research-based interventions. Content Teams will monitor student progress and monitor interventions as needed. (Tier 2 Instruction is provided during Stretch Time, which is Wednesday and Thursday, 10:00-10:31. Students are either assigned to - or can choose to - attend various classes based on need or interest, with the goal being 100% of our students mastering the Essential Skills identified by their teachers to ensure further success).
- Tier 3: Students who continue to struggle in Tier 2 will receive more intensive interventions, such as additional support classes and/or teacher mentors.
- Additional Support: Monday Consultation Time, 1:20-2:20, is a time set aside for any student to get additional help, as well as time for parents to meet with teachers. No appointment necessary.
My family has lived by a motto that I believe is very relevant in school and in life: Harvard Education, Army Discipline, and Disneyland Fun. I ask for your support and participation in this effort by sending your child to school every day on time, encouraging him/her to always do their best, monitoring weekly homework and progress through SIS and Canvas, and asking your child to share what they learned at school each day. To support our motto, we have teamed up with Slim and Knobby’s to give away a Specialized Mountain Bike as well as many other wonderful prizes throughout the year to support our Cool2Care and 212 programs.
In closing, I’d like to invite you to continue to visit our school’s website and Facebook page. This will serve as a resource tool for all upcoming events, student/parent handbook and important reminders. This school year, we will encourage our entire RMMS community to demonstrate our Grizzly pride by wearing our school colors (Black and Gold) on Fridays.
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 435-654-9350 ext. 2601
IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR 7th GRADE ENTRY
Your student is currently due for the following Immunizations for 7th grade entry:
This is a State requirement unless you have an Exemption form that
specifically says, “ALL IMMUNIZATIONS ARE EXEMPT”.
Please PROVIDE proof of the Immunizations to RMMS in one of the following ways:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 435-654-9343
****Rocky Mountain Middle School complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all regulations adopted pursuant to such section, to that end, no person in the United States shall, on the ground of handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity of Rocky Mountain Middle School. Contact your school principal with any questions or concerns at (435) 654-9350.