What it is:
The Fraud Hotline provides school district employees and citizens with a way to report suspected fraudulent activity by district employees, vendors, contractors, etc. Allegations reported over the Fraud Hotline are evaluated and investigated.
What to report:
The Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline should be used to report fraud, waste, and significant non-compliance issues. Information provided through the Fraud Hotline should be made in good faith.
The Fraud Hotline is intended to be used to report serious concerns or questionable actions such as:
- Illegal or fraudulent acts
- Theft of District property, funds and/or resources
- Falsification of financial records to cover up theft or embezzlement
- Falsifying payroll information
- Misuse of District equipment or property
- Misuse or waste of District resources, including government funds
- Improper activities by District officials, employees or contractors
- Soliciting or accepting a bribe or kickback
- Conflicts of interest
- Code of Ethics violations
Do not use the Fraud Hotline to report complaints or grievances involving wages, working conditions, discrimination, and other personnel issues. These issues should be reported in accordance with Board policy.
How to report:
WCSD Website: On the home page of the Wasatch County School District website under “About Our District,” then “Fraud Hotline,” or at the following link: https://www.wasatch.edu/Domain/2436
Phone: District employees or citizens can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by contacting the Fraud Hotline at 435-654-6099.
Email: By sending a message to Fraud@Wasatch.edu.
Wasatch County School District
Attn: Fraud Hotline
101 East 200 North
Heber City, UT 84032
When reporting, please provide as much information as possible including:
- Names of reported individual(s) & other individual(s) involved
- Names of others who are aware of the incident
- The location of the incident
- The location of any evidence including records or physical proof
- Your name and contact information (unless you wish to remain anonymous)
- Other relevant information
Commitment to anonymity:
We encourage individuals to provide contact information because it allows District personnel to follow up with you to ask questions or to seek clarification when more information is needed.
Your anonymity will be protected to the extent allowed by law. Be informed that your identity may become known during the course of the investigation because of the information you have provided.